Followers

Wednesday 4 April 2012

Start Listening Doctors

I've had depression nearly all my life so well before I got fibro but I don't like how doctors the straight away assume everything is "all in your head" because you have mental health problems at the end of the day I know the cause of my depression but people with depression still get real illnesses luckily I had CPN and Psychiatrist to back me up on the fact the pain and illness was real and not "all in my head" a lot of people don't have that.

I think it's about time doctors got a grip of themselves and realised people with Mental Health Problems are normal people to.  Ever heard of the "SEE ME" campaign, yet it is doctors that attach a lot of the stigma to mental illness and treat us like second class citizens.  They should look at every person with symptoms the same rather than saying oh wait a minute in your notes you have depression therefore anything you come here about that I can't see and even some I can must all be in your head.  Start Listening Doctors

No comments:

Post a Comment

Opinions and Reply's appreciated